part of his legal education, James P. Doherty, III spent the 1995-1996
academic year in Glasgow, Scotland as a Rotary International Foundation
Scholar, conducting a comparison study of Scottish and Louisiana civil
James began his legal career with the Voorhies & Labbe law firm
in Lafayette, Louisiana. After gaining seven years of valuable legal
experience, he joined the Frederick Law Firm in May 2006.
James’ primary practice areas include general
insurance defense and coverage litigation; automobile, premises and
product liability; toxic torts/asbestos and admiralty/maritime law.
He is licensed and practices in all State and Federal District and
Appellate Courts in Louisiana.
In 2003, James presented oral argument to the Louisiana
Supreme Court in a matter concerning workers’ compensation tort
immunity and testified before the Louisiana House of Representatives
Labor and Industrial Relations Committee regarding proposed workers’ compensation
James is active in numerous professional, civic
and community organizations. He and his wife, Michelle, reside in Lafayette
and are the parents of three children, Patrick, Katherine and Michael.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration
from Georgetown University in 1994
- Juris Doctorate from the Paul M. Hebert Law
Center at Louisiana State University in 1998
- Member of the Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member of the Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Present Member of the Lafayette Parish Bar Association
Board of Directors
- Member of the American Inns of Court – Acadiana
Inn (1998 – present)
- Member of the Episcopal School of Acadiana Board
of Trustees (1999 – 2005)
- Member of the Georgetown University Admissions
Ambassador Program (1998 – 2004)
to Attorney Profiles main page